Going to close the hatches as this looks like its is going to be a nasty storm later. Going to do something special coming up. I have two beers aside to celebrate when I pass the Babe and Hammerin' Hank! There are no other home run records to consider.
1) Blue Hills Brewery - Red IPA - 9.0% - Tasty beer, kind of a weird style. I think the hops have faded a bit and what I basically have is a light barleywine. Too easily drinkable though.
2) Hill Farmstead - Phenomology - 7% - Black Saison - Get the banana, fruit and spices...very interesting beer.
3) Bar Harbor - Cadillac Mountain Stout - 6.7% Yet another in a long line of Stouts that prove that Americans are better at this than the English or Irish. Jet black and has some nice burnt dried fruit flavor...little bit of cocoa going on a well.
4) White Birch - Barrel Aged Tripel - 10.5% - Tripel Aged in Pinot Noir Barrels - Very tasty, interesting concept with the aging in the white wine barrels. This got killed on BA. I could drink this for a while!
5) The Peoples Pint - Our Oatmeal Stout - 5.1% - Wow this is one huge chocolate bomb!. The contrast with the Bar Harbor stout noted above is stunning. Really enjoyed this one. By the way, just tied the Babe!