Had to stay home today. Early this morning on Facebook I saw that DeCicco's was having a Kuhnhenn event. Picked up some excellent offerings and some rarities!
1) Kuhnhenn - Vintage Ale 17% - A lemony tasty barleywine! Apparently they stopped brewing this a couple of years ago and must have had a vintage keg hanging around. As I look at beermenus.com Kuhnhenn was at Rattle n' Hum last night so I would guess I am right. I love vintage kegs!
2) Wachusett - Green Monsta Ale - 6.0% Kind of a nice pale ale....Apparently they made this into an American IPA. Drinkable.
3) Kuhnhenn - American IPA - 6.0% - Nice mild hoppy flavor. Think I am recovering from the Vintage Ale.
4) Kuhnhenn - Imperial Creme Brulee Stout 8% - A nice little vanilla nose but the taste is over the top coffee (a good thing). This would be a great breakfast beer!
5) Sam Adams - Rustic Saison - About 5% or so. I think this is tasty. I think I am in the minority. I hate defending things from Boston.