Wednesday, April 6, 2011

699

I think I am on track to do number 700 (tomorrow) which I think is the date they repealed prohibition. Pretty cosmic!

Firestone Walker - Abacus (Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine) 13% - My review lifted from Beer Advocate!

Poured from a bottle into a brandy snifter. Have had this bottle for about a month.

Appearance) Ruddy brown color, little to no head, mild lacing.

Smell) Caramel and vanilla, a faint trace of bourbon.

Taste) Now for the fun, the caramel and vanilla are backed up by a bit of chocolate, this is sweet (of course) but there is a nice balance towards the end with some slight hoppy bitterness and a little "oaky" smokiness!

Mouthfeel) Smooth with just a bit of an alcohol burn. This will age very nicely.

Overall) Another great beer from Firestone Walker and yet another reason to do my beer shopping other than in Connecticut!

No comments: