Sunday, April 17, 2011

715 - I pass the Babe!

Babe this is for you. Goose Island - Big John - Imperial Stout with Cacao Nibs added - 11.5%

Scored a bomber of this in Westchester, NY. Poured into a snifter. Bottled on date 3/25/11....a youngster!

Appearance) Jet black, no real head to notice, minor lacing.

Smell) Chocolate of course get some dried fruit as well.

Taste) My first thought is where's the Bourbon as I am kind of used to that from GI. The semi-sweet chocolate taste is really dominant (expected). If you like chocolate this is for you. What I like is that the sweetness is not overpowering.

Mouthfeel) Very smooth, no alcohol burn at all.

Overall) What surprised me here is the overall drinkability of this which I thought was pretty easy given the ABV. Not sure what aging would do to this (but hopefully I'll find out!). Really enjoyed this....this would have been a great holiday release!

No comments: