Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mid Week Beer Review!

Getting ready for the epic Horseradish adventure! Update no fingers lost!

1) The Duck Rabbit - Brown Ale - 5.6% - This is a little brewery in North Carolina. I've had their Barleywine which was excellent, as is this. Opaque brown, with some coffee smell. You then get the coffee taste and a nice dry hop finish. Shame I have to go to the Philly area to pick this up!

Uh Oh tactical error time!

2) Voodoo Brewing Company - Black Magick - 15.5% - Ouch didn't pay attention to what I was opening. This beer was brewed in 2009 and aged in Elijah Craig bourbon barrels for a year and recently released. This is one boozy beer! I could have had some fun comparing this to a GI BCS or a KBS but maybe that ship sailing is a good thing!

3) Middle Ages Brewing Co - Beast Bitter - 5.3% - The BA guys gave this an A+ - didn't know that when I bought it. This is not so much my style, but what gets this going is the upfront peach taste with a hoppy bitterness at the end. Very tasty!

4) Weyerbacher 14 - 11.8% - Wheat Whine - 11.8% - This has aged a bit as I reviewed 15 before 14. Bubble gum and peach taste. Kind of like an insane wine cooler. Would hope to come across another botttle to age for a year or two.

5) McNeill's -Dead Horse IPA - 5.7% - English IPA - I guess good for the style but I like American IPA's better.

No comments: