Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Beer Review!

Check in all week. 1000 by year end seems to be in reach.

1) Stone - La Citrueille Celeste De Citracado - 5% - Brewed with Pumpkin, Yams, Lemon Verbena, Birch bark and something else that I have no idea what it is. This is a pumpkin pie on acid, Gald to have tried....would probably not try again.

2) Berkshire Brewing - Holidale 2011 - 9.5% - Eminently drinkable Barleywine. I think this will sneak up on you. Pretty good price too at 6 bucks or so for a bomber. Will most likely buy a few more!

3) Stone - Verical Epic 11-11-11 - 9.0% - I think Stone just made its White Album...you get flavors all around the spectrum, Cinnamon, Chiles and Belgian Yeast all really swirl. This will be be great with age but may buy a few more to have fresh.

5) Sam Adams Black and Brew just a tad thin....I could really get into this!

6) Bells Two Hearted Ale - 7% - Part of my first BA trade. This is very damn good. Freshness date is 10.12.11 so that is fine. Very smooth hoppiness. I think I know where Hopslam comes from. Outstanding...this is so good!

7) Three Floyds - Pride & Joy - American Pale Ale - Just a little too sweet and malty for me. Actually too sweet and syrupy. Glad to have tried though.

No comments: