Begins tonight.....was going to maybe wait a week but the hell with it...pedal to the metal!
Staring at 991....countdown coming later....
1) Brasserie Dubuisson Frères sprl - Scaldis Noel - Premium - Belgian Strong Ale. Yum....heavy cherry, plum and suprisingly drinkable at 13%. Glad to actually get this in CT. Cellaring is definitely an option but would hate to see some of that champagne yeast subside. This is very good!
2) Sixpoint - Diesel - 6.3% Great American Stout....thought I had reviewed this before...Plus one for me! Great stout by the way!
3) The Alchemist - Heady Topper - 8.0%Poured into a tulip glass for appearance...the rest of the review is from the can as the brewer intended. Nice hazy orange with a very nice fluffy head that dissipates pretty quickly. Smell - From the can pineapple galore. One of the most aromatic beers that I have tried. Taste - Pineapple, Lemon Zest, Grapefruit dominate. The malt is there to balance off a clean finish. This is a delight. This beer is outrageous...would like to spend a lifetime of deciding which I liked better...this or PTE.
4) Lagunitas - Sucks Holiday Ale - They couldn't brew their Barleywine (Brown Shugga) due to capacity but they threw this together. More please...great American IPA
5) Hoppin Frog - Frosted Frog - Christmas Ale - 8.6%....Spicey...Cinnamon,Ginger and Nutmeg...can you say Ginger Man Beer Cookie Beer? This is really a once a year beer. Glad to have had.
6) Allagash 4 - Quad - Wow! Done!
7) Great Lakes Brewing - Blackout Stout - 9.0% - A little thin bodied for the style but what I like is that this is not overly swwet or dry. Nicely balanced.