This post will last all weekend. I have a special review lined up for Monday. It will be tasted in honor of those who have sacrificed.
1) Long Trail - Brewmaster Series Double IPA 8.6% - This is a very good beer. It is kind of a DIPA light to me, (leaving the ABV out of the equation). I think I paid about $6 for this bomber...worth every penny!
2) Sebago Brewing - Lake Trout Stout - Man what a roasty, malty flavor. Can drink this all night.
3) New England Brewing - 668 the Neighbor of the Beast - 9% - Belgian Strong Ale Picked up a growler at the brewery today. First time I ever got a growler fill directly from the tank rather than a keg so I think this is probably fresh!
Very tasty beer...always enjoy the banana flavored funky yeast. I also like the spicyness.
Dangerously drinkable...could go through the growler easily in one sitting.
The guys at NEB are great....It's nice to get a growler filled close by.
The guys were telling me about their upcoming planned release, Tequila Barrel Aged Ghandi Bot. They are having trouble getting a suitable barrel. Someone had sent them one but it had been varnished!
4) Goose Island - Night Stalker 11.7% - Wow this is an absolutely massive beer. The hops balance v. the malt is nice but the alcohol is really overpowering. Have a couple of bottles that will sit and mellow for a while!
This is not a one beer a night undertaking. Hopefully GI releases this on a year to year basis, Will check back on the ones I recently bought at Christmas!
5) Founders Brewing Red's Rye PA - 6.6% ABV - Latest haul from Table & Vine Very nice beer amber color very tart grapefruit taste. This is very unique!
6) Left Hand Brewing - 400 Pound Monkey - Englis IPA - 6.7%. Not a huge fan of this one. Too bitter for me.
7) River Horse - Summer Blonde - 4.5% - This to me is almost like a lightly alcoholic lemonade. Not too happy with the last 2 beers sampled. This is hard for me to write as I really do like River Horse beers.