Ok Comrades this review is going to get added on to all weekend so check back for updates. The firts thing I wanted to do was provide links to a couple of places in Milford, CT that are worth a visit, The New England Beverage Company and Loading Dock Wine & Spirits.
1) Indie Pale Ale from Cisco Brewers really good IPA. I like the beer from Cisco and will try to find more brands. The descriptions of the beer on the label are a bit pretentious but over all very good.
2) Hop River IPA from Farmington River Brewing Company - Too mild, not hoppy enough. IPA lite!
3) Z Lager - Fort Collins Brewery very different to the IPA's I've had. In German this is a Rauchbier (I guess). It is very smokey and very good. This would be great with a steak. It was recommended by the great folks at Mo's. They have never steered me wrong.
4) Rogue Chocolate Stout - I really do like these Chocate Stout's. Can't wait to get all the Winter varieties coming up.
5) Dogfish Head Punkin Ale - Pretty mild, not impressed. Like the Southern Tier variation better.