Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Beer Review!!!

Ok Comrades this review is going to get added on to all weekend so check back for updates. The firts thing I wanted to do was provide links to a couple of places in Milford, CT that are worth a visit, The New England Beverage Company and Loading Dock Wine & Spirits.

1) Indie Pale Ale from Cisco Brewers really good IPA. I like the beer from Cisco and will try to find more brands. The descriptions of the beer on the label are a bit pretentious but over all very good.

2) Hop River IPA from Farmington River Brewing Company - Too mild, not hoppy enough. IPA lite!

3) Z Lager - Fort Collins Brewery very different to the IPA's I've had. In German this is a Rauchbier (I guess). It is very smokey and very good. This would be great with a steak. It was recommended by the great folks at Mo's. They have never steered me wrong.

4) Rogue Chocolate Stout - I really do like these Chocate Stout's. Can't wait to get all the Winter varieties coming up.

5) Dogfish Head Punkin Ale - Pretty mild, not impressed. Like the Southern Tier variation better.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Cisco produces some fine beverages, indeed.As far as the pretentiousness, they can't help it.It is Nantucket, after all. You know?, I once new a man from there.

mc said...

They make outstanding vodkas as well.