Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rebounding Beer Review!

1) Innis & Gunn - Rum Cask Oak Aged Beer - 7.4% Tasty Ale...I'm guessing the rum barrel is a dark spicey rum and not a clear one. This works!

2) Innis & Gunn - Winter Beer 2011 - 7.4% Another tasty beer....the Rum Cask may get into a more frequent rotation though!

3) Allagash - Victor - 9.0% - Belgian Strong Pale Ale - kind of a Saison...

4) Allagash - Victoria - Belgian Strong Pale Ale - 9.0% - Not sure of the difference to the above, but it brings me one more step to my goal to hit 1000 before the end of the year! It is very tasty too.

I know there is a bunch of Allagash posts (next one coming up). Victor/Victoria were not on my Excel spreadsheet. Neither was Fluxus (this style changes by year). I must have been drunk while I was posting!

4) Allagash - Fluxus 2011 - 8.0% So apparrently this beer is different every year. The tracking system (and my liver) says thanks. You get the spiciness but there is some nice caramel malt mixed in. An Allagash run may be in the works.

No comments: