Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pre New Hampshire Beer Review!

Doing a quick overnite visit to the Portsmouth Brewery ....hopefully bring back some tasty treats for the drive to 1000 (I am a little less than 80 away). Wonder if I can do this before the end of 2011!

1) Saranac - Irish Red 4.5% - No head, small notes of toffee, no hops to speak of. Easily drinkable. Might pick some more up some day!

2) Thomas Hooker - American Pale Ale - 5.4% I have never seen a brewer get more divergent reviews. Some beers are considered world class...and others ehhh. This is one of the ehhh's

3) Long Trail - Triple Bag - 9.4% - This apparently is just recently released in bottles, it was only available at the brewery. This is pretty tasty, more like a Belgian Dubbel to me. I need to do a vermont road trip.

4) Ommegang - 2011 Belgian Independence Day 6.5% - Thanks DeCicco's for the growler. Don't really get the usual funkiness. Brewed with white pepper the spec's said. I get the spice with a little lemon zest at the end. More of a summer beer!

5) Sixpoint - Autumnation - 6.8% - Kind of a weird (but good beer)get the yeast up front with a hoppy wetness to follow. Not bad!

No comments: