Bookending the end of New Haven Craft Beer week with the beginning of NY Craft Beer week.....great!
1) Stone Brewing - Escodidian Black IPA - 10.8% This is an interesting beer, as it is cold it is more malty, get the chocolate falvor etc. As it warmes you get the hop bitterness. It says not to age but I may throw one in the cellar! This is beer 888!
2) Clipper City (Heavy Seas Series) - 7.0% - Nice cream ale with a kick. No hops to speak of. Nice caramel malt flavor.
3) Widmer Brothers - Hefeweizen - 4.8% Last wheat beer of the season I guess....on to some of the more heavy (and alcoholic brews). No real banana yeast flavor, do get some lemon though. I do like this style.
4) Shmaltz/terrapin - Reunion ale - 8.5% - too much promise too little delivery
5) Full Sail - Elevation - Orange label, orange taste@