My favorite holiday. Already called MC, figure he'll call back on the 4th at about 10pm to want to know what's up!
1) Bells Brewery - Third Coast Old Ale - 10.2% - American Barleywine - I like the english style better (no hops). Glad to have tried this although I think we on the east coast can get something like this as it is akin to a Bigfoot, but hey that's the way the summer season goes!
2) Kelso of Brooklyn - Flemish Red - 5.5% - Tasty red, not quite as sour as some others of this style, which makes it emminently drinkable and refershing on a nice hot summer day!
3) 3 Floyds - Robert the Bruce 6.5% - nice kind of lighter scotch ale. No overpowering malt taste. To be enjoyed!
4) Three Floyds - Alpha King - Great american apa!
5) Sixpoint - Hops of Love 6.7% - Very good American IPA. I like Sixpoint and I generally like things from Brooklyn anyway. This needs to be in a nano-keg!
6) Southern Tier - Euro Trash Pilz - 5.5% - Very nice, very easy drinking czech pilsner. Could easily drink this all day!
7) 21st Amendment - Hop Crisis 9.7% - Very nice DIPA, should be a year round beer!
8) Bells - Batch 9000 - Old Ale 12.5% - Licorice and chocolate....wow big beer happy fourth!
9) Fort Collins - The Incredible Hop - I think this is about 9%. Nice malts with the hops. Good night!