Friday, April 10, 2009

Thursday Pub Crawl

Being that I have Good Friday off I decided to embark on a bit of a pubcrawl. Some new beers were discovered.

Puffy's Tavern - Actually walked by this yesterday morning and saw a sign that they serve Kelso which is a Brooklyn beer that I had never heard of. I had a Kelso Pilsner on tap which was very good. If you click to the site check out the t-shirt in the store section. That might be a must have. Also, most importantly, a new axiom was provided to guide future pub crawls. I was talking to MC on my way to Puffy's, and admitted that I was going out of my was for where I had originally planned to travel. MC said going out of the way to try a new beer offsets a logically planned travel in these situations. Sounds good to me.

Tribeca Tavern had a Lionshead Pilsner which was flat.

Broome Street Bar - Good place, bought a pint glass as I liked the design and you can't have too many pint glasses. Not sure why this did not make the Gotham Imbiber. I definitely belongs (at least) in the worth a look section. Anyway had a Goose Island Summertime which is described as a Kolsch style beer. I do like Goose Island's beers and this one didn't dissapoint.

Spring Lounge - Been here a number of times. Good college bar. The sites are always appreciated. Had A Flying Dog Ale in Heat Wheat. Haven't bought this yet should probably do so soon.

Stanton Public House - Had a Cask Conditioned Oskar Blues Old Chub. Good and stong 8%ABV Scotch Ale.

Went over to Whole Foods and picked up a new treat for the weekend. Even was able to navigate the Subway back to GCT!

No comments: