I think I have mentioned that I was going to take a sabbatical from this as it really isn't a healthy hobby. That said I have approximately a dozen beers to review. I guess I forgot to look up sabbatical in the dictionary.
1) Great Divide - Hibernation Ale. This is an English Style Old Ale....I like this style. It is very malty and robust, very drinkable (what the hell does that mean?)
2) Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine 15% ABV - Not sure if this was what to buy if I wanted to take a sabbatical. I probably should have used a shot glass rather than a pint glass for this monster. This beer is deceivingly smooth.
3) Augustijn Ale - ABV 8% I really like these Belgian Ales. I am certainly enjoying this one! What sabbatical!
4) Southern Tier Brewing - Imperial Choklat Stout - 11% ABV. I am a real fan of this brewery and I really like this one. I would never have thought that chocolate and beer would work, but it really does. This is the first one I have had that rivals Brooklyn Brewery's Chocolate Stout.
5) Konigshoeven - Quadrupel Trappist Ale - Why the hell did I ever waste my time drinking Bud? This is outrageous just for the taste! Not sure what Quadrupel means (other than 4) Really want to hear Adam's thoughts on this as he is a regular beer cave contributor!
6) Hopack Brewery - Very hoppy offering - Import.....USA beers are better!