Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I survived Sunday as well

As I mentioned in the previous post, I headed back to the city on Sunday to see the Uconn Women play against Penn State. This included a trip to the Blind Tiger Ale House in Greenwich Village where I had my first halfway decent Cask Ale (Gravity) Chelsea Hoppy Holidays and had a real good Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale (Stone Brew).

The Blind Tiger is much more of a neighborhood bar than the Ginger Man, Gator you might not like this place. I met a few of the locals and b.s'd for a while. Classic menu item there was grilled cheese with tomato soup made with buttermilk. How can you not like that!

On the way back from Grand Central I did stop at the Ginger Man, which was much less crowded than Friday. I saw the Jets really pull one out against the Bills and had a great beer from Goose Island (Bourbon City Stout) which would get your attention.

Anyway this weekend was an alcoholics delight! Yay Beer!

No comments: