Friday, December 19, 2008

Snowstorm Beer Review

I was able to do two important things before the snow storm started today, went to Ancona's and got a 4 mile walk in. I am descending into the beer cave for the rest of the day.

1)Clipper City Brewing 10% ABV This is my first beer from these folks. I went to the Wine Thief in New Haven as the place had gotten some good reviews on Beer Advocate. The selection is small but most importantly they had something that I hadn't had before. I really like this beer, very malty and very smooth. I'm going to have to look for more from this brewery.

2) North Coast Brewing - Old Stock Ale 2007 11.7% ABV. As for the link I know it goes to the 2008 offering but this beer has aged VERY well. Wish I could say the same about me!

3)North Coast Brewing - Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout A fitting tribute to the Mad Monk ABV 9%.

4) Flying Dog - Gonzo Imperial Stout - 9.2% ABV had this on tap with the Gator at the Ginger Man last week. Starts malty and finishes hoppy! Who knew!

5) Harpoon Leviathan
9.5% ABV - Smokey and good, really enjoyed this one.

6) Great Divide Titan IPA 6.8% ABV VERY Hoppy and Aromatic. Very Good.

7) Blue Point Brewing Company - Light mild spicy winter offering. More taste please!

8) Avery White Rascal Or as Al might say White Devil! Another one that I was not impressed with.

9) St. Bernardus Tripel 8.0% ABV, Ahhhh Belgium, just a little too carbonated though.

10) Great Divide - Old Ruffian Barley Wine - 10.2% ABV Malty & Hoppy. Very different than the Clipper City Offering. I may have to do more research on what I like better!

No comments: