Just got back from the second to last game ever at Yankee Stadium. It was my last game there. Great game which I will get into in some subsequent posts, but I want to gather my thoughts on the closing of Yankee Stadium. I also have a special posting for Matt which will come on Friday. That said, I'm thirsty!
1) La Goudale - This is a French Blonde Ale. After fully expecting the beer to surrender I really have to say I enjoyed it. Crisp and flavorful. 7.8% ABV doesn't hurt either.
2) Samaels Oak Aged Ale - Avery Brewing Co. - 14.9% ABV. Ok I am assuming that this is supposed to be unfiltered! This ain't low carb by any stretch but is very tasty. The label says it was bottled 4/07. I have never seen this before and wonder if it is released as it ages. Perhaps Adam can opine. By the way, Adam is going to have to do me a favor and forward a picture I took to Alfred.
3) Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse - Liked the French beer above, this is awful. Imports generally suck. Kinda like the import we have from Illinois running for President. I better watch it, the thought police might come after me.
4) Fort Collins Brewery - DoppelBock - Thank God (or Obama) to get back to an American beer! This is apparently released every fall. This is a great steak and potato's beer. There appears to be a lot of craft brewing going on in Colrado. Did Ireland secretly move there!
5) Imperial Extra Pale Ale - Southern Tier Brewing CoVery good beer despite too many instructions on how to drink the beer on the label!
6) Old Dubh - Harviestoun Brewers Ale Matured in Whiskey Casks. Import from Scotland, very good 8% ABV. They have the head brewer listed on the label as well as someone with the title "Master of Wood". Can't make this stuff up.