Friday, September 12, 2008

Weekend Beer Review Hooray!

This will be updated all weekend so check back if you are so inclined.

By the way, Happy 50th to Mr & Mrs C! One of these brews will definitely be hoisted to the two of you (Red Sox Fans or not!)

By the way there is a new bar in Bridgeport that I am going to investigate shortly.

Double Dead Guy Ale...Can there be a synthesis of a great IPA and a great Belgian? Yes!

Curieux - Ale Aged in Oak Bourbon Barrels - Allagash Very smooth you can taste the Whiskey. I may revise my Black & Tan recipe and include this & Dogfish's WorldWide Stout. 11% ABV, Oh Boy!

Hooker Octoberfest Lager - Like last week the local Octoberfest was better than what has come from Germany. I have to go check this place out, when (and if) I get a free weekend.

Pumpkin Ale - Saranac This one is good, better than DogFish.

He'Brew - Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA - Shmaltz Brewing Co. Excellent beer who cares about Lenny Bruce anyway.

8 comments:

Adam said...

I found the Curieux to be most excellent... and what of this new bar?

Jimmy said...

Taberna, not yet opened. The old Tartaglia's on Madison!

Adam said...

Did the Saranac taste smoky?

Ida said...

Oktoberfest is just a week away!

mc said...

Thank you very much for the anniversary mention Jimmy.

Much appreciated.

Ida, you should have been around for the Old Heidelberg fest, they have route six lined with cars and the po po directing traffic, it is huge this year.

Jimmy said...

I didn't find the Saranac smokey. Try the "Z" that I reviewed earlier if you want something smokey...I think you would like it.

Adam said...

you didn't follow the link.

Jimmy said...

Gotcha!