Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekend Beer Review!




1) Founders - Curmudgeons Better Half - 11.9% - Old Ale Brewed with Molasses and aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels (Oh My!) A) Looking directly down in the glass this is a very nice amber brown with a thin head that quickly dissipates. S) Bourbon, Maple and a bit of Vanilla. T) Bourbon is definitely up front, followed by the maple and molasses. Vanilla is also present. There is a nice spiciness as well. M) Very smooth alchohol is very well hidden. O) Great beer....wish I had another!

2) Laguintas New Dog town pale Ale - Very underrated pale ale!

3) Flying Dog - Wildeman Farmhouse IPA - 7.5% - Belgian IPA - The hops aren't really there but the spice is very prevalent. I think this is a Saison.

4) Elysian - Idiot Sauvin IPA - 6.3% - Not sure I am thrilled with this hop at all. A little to oily.

5) Clipper City Brewing - Plank II - Dopplebock 8.5% - I like the beer style but wht=y release this in the spring?

No comments: