Friday, September 3, 2010

And the insanity continues

Betcha I get to 600 quicker than A-Rod did!

1 Rogue - Double Chocolate Stout - 8.0% Jet black, very nice lacing...Wow this is not the chocolate milk I grew up with. The chocolate smell is abundant. Not as sweet as the smell might suggest. The hops really do balance out the sweet smell. A little more carbonated than I would have thought as there is not much of a head. Definitely a sipper.

Overall I enjoyed this. Going to get a couple or so to stick in the cellar.

2) Brooklyn Brewery - Detonation DIPA - 10.2% Have had this on tap at several bars in Manhattan over the past few days, finally picked up a growler at Decicco's in Ardsley. Poured into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint glass. Nice amber color.Smell kind of piney can also get the malts this will be nicely balanced. Nice hoppy taste again more of a piney flavor than citrus. Malts really come through, this is very British. Very nice carbonation. This is where the good folks at BB really nail this. Couldn't guess this was 10.2% if I wanted to!

3) Sierra Nevada/ Decicco's Ghidorrah - 8.2% ... Picked up a growler at Decicco's of course. I give them credit that they had this and Brooklyn's Detonation going on at the same time. Anyway since I am a hophead, I win! Pours a nice golden color, medium head. Smell - Mild citrus. The taste belies the nose as I get lemons, pineapple and grapefruit. My type of beer. Drinkability - At 8.2% will have a few more pints today!

Overall really enjoyed this beer. I have been going to Deccico's for well over a year from beer deprived Connecticut. Will continue to do so!

No comments: