Thursday, August 26, 2010

Weekend Beer Review

Figured I'd start early as I was pretty pathetic last week. By the way am seriously considering going to this eventwhich would be concurrent to NY Craft Beer Week. Nothing good can come of this.

1) Two Brothers - Hop Juice 9.9% - I love double IPA's and this is very good. More of an east coast IPA as the hops are more bitter than citrus. May follow up with another but then...maybe not.

Follwed up with...

2) Coronado Brewing - Idiot IPA 8.0% Nice too much sediment in the glass for me! Gotta like the name though!

3) Rogue - Captain Sigs Northwestern Ale - American Amber/Red - 6.2% - I think this has something to do with that TV series deadliest catch. Anyway nice and malty up fron with a bit of a (too) bitter finish. Glad I tried this though. This is beer 493.

4) Brasserie de Rochefort - Rochefort 8 - 9.2% - Belgain Stong Ale - I haven't had an authentic belgian in a while and it is time tou get back to basics. Outstanding sweetness with spice. World class (like I'm breaking news here).

Alert!!!! a Dick Blumenthal troll just knocked on my door. He was dispatched with much rudeness!

5) Southampton - Grand Cru - 9.8% - Was going to toast MC's birthday today with this on facebook but he won't let you write on his wall. That's ok I will do it here. Very good american belgain offering. I has almost a champagne texture...grape taste does dominate. Almost like a wine. Beer 495.

6) River Horse - Hop Hazard - 6.5% - American Pale Ale...ain't nothin pale here. Sierra Nevada pale ale on steroids! Very tasty!

7) Terrapin - Rye Pale Ale - 5.3% another very solid beer. Beer 497.....may begin the countdown!

No comments: