Thursday, June 24, 2010

Weekend Beer Review

USA! USA! USA!!!! Alright I know I am a hypocrite!

1) Sierra Nevada XXX - Charlie Fred & Ken's Bock - 8.3% - The second of the 30th Anniversary beers. Very very tasty! Nice orange color, starts out with the spices and finishes (in my opinion very dry). Really looking forward to the other releases in this series!

2) Southampton - Imperial Porter - 7.2% - Pours a nice black very mild chocolate, cocoa & coffee. Kind of thin for an Imperial but tasty though.

3) Weyerbacher - 15 Smoked Imperial Stout - 10.8% - Nice sipping stout!. Might be a bit warm for this but I like the pronounced smoke flavor!

4) La Botteresse - Blonde - 7.5% Nice fruity Belgian blonde ale. Courtesy of 12 % Imports.

5) Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel - Equinoxe du Printemps - Scotch Ale Brewed with Maple Syrup - 9.5% - Wow almost passed out typing that name. Nice beer very sweet would go great with pancakes!

6) Hoppin Frog - Doris The Destroyer - Double Imperial Stout -10.5% - Just the thing for a warm summer night. A little stronger than it's brother Boris. I like the coffee and chocolate mixed in with a good amount of hops. Alcohol is easy. Very drinkable.

7) Bear Republic - Big Bear Black Stout - 8.1%. The BA bros have this as world class (A+). Who am I to argue. Great black beer (bear) love the coffee and toffee being pushed by the hops. This can reasonable be obtained in New York state and would recommend that this would be pursued.

8) Stoudts - Triple - 9.0% - I like this nice sweet beer to put me out of my misery on a hot early summers day. Can'nt wait for the Gator's suggestion to try Allagash!

No comments: