Went to Table and Vine today and picked up several tasty treats as well as one (kind of) rarity. Picked up a bottle of the Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Ale which I look forward to trying. This review is going to start off with a hoppy theme and then is going to go schizo!
1) Brew Dog - bashah - Black IPA - 8.6% - Dark IPA - Didn't get this at T&V (actually got it in CT. Very dark & bold. Malt is definitely there though. Kind of a hoppy stout! Was hoping to find tactical nuclear penguin today but no luck.
2) Founders Brewing - Double Trouble - 9.4% - This can't be 9.4%. It is one of the smoothest IPA's I've had. Really like this! A trip to Grand Rapids may be close!
3) Mikkeller - Tomahawk Single Hop IPA 6.9% ABV - Great beer - Actually this is what beer should be with the balance of taste and ABV. I missed their event at the Tiger.... my loss.
4) Weihenstephaner - Vitus - 7.7% - Purity Law 1516. Enough said!
5) Smuttynose Wheat Wine Ale- 10.20% - Or the beer I'm drinking when America became France! Not quite sure of the difference betwixt (I had to use that!) and a Barley Wine. This is a bit harsh which I like and the color is a nice orange. The alcohol is very present. Need to cellar one of these.
6) - South Hampton - Cuvee' des Fleurs - 8.2% Very nice light for the ABV.