Maybe I will get a cease and desist order with that title but what the f**k! Got into a Superbowl Pool at dba and had a very good Lagunitas Gnarlywine on cask. So before the latest storm of the century approaches (can Obama provide resources so I can go to the Liquor store tomorrow) here goes:
1) Hoppin Frog - Boris the Crusher - Oatmeal Imperial Stout - I guess this should be for breakfast (although at 9.4% probably not). Finding this on tap would be fun!
2) New England Brewing - Elm City Lager - 5.0% - Great session beer light and refreshing. Could sit down and drink this all day. Picked this up as a growler at the brewery. Also, put up a couple of the fancy Sam Adam perfect pint glasses at Amity Wine and S
%pirit for 1.99 each!
3) The VerMonster - Rockart Brewery 10% - American Barleywine - Therse guys were in a bit of a sticky wicket with the Monster Energy drink folks....they won! This a great barleywine for me. Very hoppy with big alcohol presence. Think I am going to follow this up with a BigFoot!
First beer of Super Sunday!
4) Ballast Point Brewing Company - Sculpin IPA - 7.0% - Had this previously at the Tiger. Luckily found a bottle last week at DeCicco's. Test driving the Sam Adams glass don't know if it does much but like the way it looks. This is a great beer...it is a sweet IPA, bitterness is minimal (kind of sweet). I see why this gets such great reviews.
5) Nogne - Special Holiday Ale - 8.5% - Collaboration with American Brewers Stone & Jolly Pumpkin. Interesting beer.....have had the ale with spices before but this is different. Kind of like Sambuca! Good though.
6) Cigar City - Warmer Winter...Done!