Monday, December 28, 2009

The countdown begins......

Or it's my liver & I'll cry if I want to!

The countdown begins to my 250th beer reviewed! This is 248!

1) The Bruery - Two Turtle Doves - 12.0 ABV - Belgian Style Dark Ale - This is very good. Was really expecting the tartness to hit, but the caramel & chocolate really took care of that. This is readily available at Deciccos and I believe I will be having this on tap at Stanton Public House (within a day or two)

Might add 249 tomorrow...will edit as the case may be....(hell I'm going to the Tiger tomorrow!)

I screwed up that was actually 249. Then I forgot to look at my spreadsheet to factor in imports. Hey can I get get a job in the government! Anyway....

2) Smuttynose Big A IPA 9.2% - The Gator mentioned this the other day, so I figured I'd give it a go. Paid about $6 for this bomber which to me is very low given the ABV. Hops are not the citrus flavor but I really like this (especially at this price). The Smuttynose people are great as I met them during a beer tasting. Need to find more of their bib beer series.

1 comment:

mc said...

Holy crap Jimmy!!

Congratulations and God Speed Lad!