Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weekend Beer Review (Kind of)

As i am recently commuting to the NYC for work I figured I would explore some places recommended by the Gotham Imbiber. That I did and some thoughts are coming up next, but then I fell across this:

1) Brooklyn Black Op's - Hopefully this is in celebration of the return of "24" but I stumbled into this at Super Discount Wine & Spirits. This is like drinking beer & Scotch in the same drink. Very potent. The label says it is limited to 1,000 cases and Jason (the owner of SDW&S) indicated that he was only allocated a six pack.

I did hit a couple of bars on the way back to GCT. First up was the Tribeca Tavern where I had a Troegs Mad Elf Ale. Right next door was Another Room. Another Room was kind of a goth beer bar. Good selection and I had a Young's Chocolate Stout on tap which was a typical flavorless British offering. Finally I made it to the Peculier Pub. I had a delicious Delirium Tremens on tap. I need to go back to this place to sit there and drink properly.

4 comments:

mc said...

"...sit there and drink properly."

I hear that!!!

You either understand or you don't on that count!

Adam said...

I understand, all too well.

Dwight said...

Now that you're commuting to the Big Apple, I recommend that you check out BeerMenus.com to help you find great beer and beer bars and beer events. Cheers.

splendid said...

fendi bag
fendi hand bag
fendi spy bag
fendi bags
dolce gabbana