Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday Bar Review!

This is for all of those not taken over by the orgasmic idolatry of Barack Obama. What is orgasmic idolatry? The inability to coherently explain what you want to change from to what you want to change to.

Continuing along the recommendations of the Gotham-Imbiber, I went to Stantons Public House. I had a really good Southern Tier Old Man Winter on tap. Stantons Public House is located right off of E. Houston, walk south on the Bowery and bang a left and you are right there. On the block of E. Houston between Bowery & Chrystie streets is a Whole Foods Market that had one of the best selections of beers that I have seen. Rivals most of what I have seen in CT. Gotham-Imbiber also had that down on the location but I never put 2 and 2 together. Bought a Delirium Nocturnum & a Brooklyn Chocolate Stout for the train ride home. A bit better than the usual Metro North Fare.

No comments: