Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekend Beer Review!

Pickled some green tomatoes today without burning down the house or slicing my finger off.

Now it is time for me to get pickled. Will be updating throughout the weekend, so check back.

1) Sierra Nevada Wet Hop Ale - 6.7% ABV - I think wet hop means that the hops are still fresh and not dried or aged or whatever the hell the brewer does to the stuff. That said this is very good and sharp. Highly recommended.

2) Glacier Harvest 08 - Harpoon 100 Barrel Series - Another "wet" hop style. 6.7% ABV. The Sierra Nevada version is much better.

3) Avery IPA - Very good. Most of Avery's stuff is high test. This is a nice change of pace.

4) Gammal OL (Old Ale) - Carlson Craft Brewery their new offering that just hit the stores. Very crisp ale. Caramel in flavor. I really like what these guys do. From Branford, CT.

5) Unibroue 15 - Not sure if I reviewed this earlier. Pretty Sure I had the 17. The 15 is supposedly better. May have to do a head to head!

1 comment:

mc said...

Carlson may be a train ride and walk away, no?