Which may be expanded at my idiotic whim....
1) Firestone Walker 15 - 12.5% - Poured into a FW Snifter - This beer is a nice reddish brown when held up to the light. A little bit of a head. From the smell I get caramel and vanilla. From the taste, the caramel and vanilla return but there is also raisin and the barrel oakiness. Sweetness is really there. The alchohol is hidden but this beer is to be had at home. This is a blend that is 76% Barleywine, 19% Imperial Stout and 5% DIPA. The Frankenstein of beers.
2) Deschutes - Hop Henge Experimental IPA - 8.5% - Main beer in the recent trade. This is a very solid DIPA. Love the Hop bitterness yet there is some underlying sweetness!
3) Sam Adams - Dark Depths - Black IPA - 7.6% Nice Chocolate and Hops!
4) Sixpoint - Resin - 9.1% - Double IPA which is very tasty but leans more towards the piney taste of the hops rather than the tropical fruit notes that the west coast produces. I give these guys credit for bucking the trend here. The graphics on their cans are pretty outstanding.
5) Midnight Sun - CoHoHo - Imperial IPA -8% - IPA brewed with brown sugar, honey and juniper berries? A bit too much.
6) Olde Burnside - Amazing Grace 2011 - 10.0% - These guys make scotch ales taste good! This is the Ten Penny Reserve aged in French Cognac Barrels.
7) Jester King - Black Metal 10.4% - Pretty Outrageous Imperial stout. Bold coffee notes.
8) Clown Shoes - Vampire Slayer - Thin and done!