Friday, January 22, 2010

Weekend Beer Review!

Going to be a little different this week. Mostly narrative less of my insightfull I like this or I don't like that nonsense.

First will start with my walk back. Hit Puffy's for a Kelso, nothing new there. Decided to skip the Spring Street Lounge which while good can be a bit of a hassle crowd wise. Instead headed directly to Spitzer's on the lower east side (a neighborhood I love). Spitzer's doesn't have great rotating lines (although the beer are 99% craft/reasonably good imports) but they always seem to have St. Bernardus 12 on draft. I've never had that (on draft) and that's why I wanted to hit Spitzer's. This is one of the few bars that regardless of how old you look, they card you. I personally could care less. I don't mind getting carded and hey it's their bar. The nice thing is that they have some nice looking 20 year olds behind the bar. Anyway I get there ( and had to wait a few minutes during a shift change) to get my beer. I started talking to the guy next to me who was from Dusseldorf until I finally got served. I had already had my ID out and the young lady behind the bar says "thank you you are such a sweat heart". The guy from Dusseldorf looks at me like I'm crazy. I say what the hell I don't feel like I'm 21 anyway. We had a laugh and had some good beer.

Check back as I think I will have some fun things tomorrow.

7:18 AM the following events occur in real time (sort of). Heading to Storrs today for Men's basketball vs. Texas. Always good to get back to the old stomping grounds.
Going to head to Willimantic Brewery for a growler file. Hopefully I can get some of the Whammer!


Had the Whammer...outstanding!

1) Willimantic Brewing Co - IPA 2010 - 7.3% - Very dark and lightly carbonated. Very tasty. Wish I could have bought a Whammer in a Growler!

2) Rogue - Imperial IPA - 9.5% - Nice orange color, different from the beer above. Piney hops and sweet. I think the alcohol is covered nicely. I love the ceramic swing stop bottles that look like they hold something unfit for human consumption!

No comments: