Saturday, October 31, 2009

Weekend Beer Review!

What a day this has been. Went to Decicco's to pick up some beer. Got some goodies including my second growler fill. Bad thing is is that my stupid muffler decided to damn near fall off on my way home. Thank god I was near exit 41 on the Merrit Parkway and was able to pull off to the commuter parking lot. Did the AAA call and waited for 2 hours for some lousy non-american, Obama loving tow service to come get me. Finally got fed up, rigged up the muffler with a couple of coat hangers and made it to Meineke. Was most worried about the growler though. I have a couple of good treats from that trip (hey it's Halloween) and here is what we start with (check back through out the weekend):

1) Keegan Ales - Joe Mama Milk Stout - 8% - Imperial Stout - Very coffee like that certainly overpowers any chocolate flavor. I do like this and it is a worthy growler fill. 64 ounces and as the Gator says once you open a growler you are really committed to finish it during one sitting. While as one who should be committed I intend to do just that as I am in for the evening. The one thing I do plan on doing post haste is graduating to a big boy flip top growler as the idiot who filled mine didn't tighten the lid.

2) Alesmith Brewing - Old Numbskull - Barleywine - 11% - Not going to make first pitch of the World Series if this is how I am going to start. Great beer have read about this and was pleasantly surprised to find it. Hoppier then most barley's that I've had but I like it. This bomber was 20 bucks. Considering taking another ride to Ardsley to see if I can get 2 more. One to drink and one to age. Even if they don't have it, DeCicco's is well worth the trip. I really do need to get back to San Diego.

3) Alesmith Brewing - IPA - Even better than Old Numbskull! West Coast Hops rule!

2 comments:

Adam said...

A brewery with a hockey team. That's awesome!

Jimmy said...

That it is...