Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Coming up to Christmas Beer Review!

May do this in several stages...who knows!

1) Karbach Brewing - Yule Shoot your Eye Out - Winter Warmer 8% - I guess a Winter Warmer is a brown ale with spices.  I do like the style though and this does not dissapoint.  Karbach is from Texas and the label is funny, kind of based on the Christmas Story movie, a picture of the leg lamp is on the label etc.  Have a bourbon barrel aged version coming shortly!

2) Clown Shoes - Porcine Unidragon - RIS BB aged 12.5% - I logged this but I think I passed out...trying to get things in order.  By the way I know why I passed out!

3) Smuttynose - Zinneke - Belgian Style Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels - Don't get much of the expected bananna yeast tice but a load of cherry.  No bourbon to speak of.

4) Foothills Brewing - Peoples Porter - 6.0% - Nice English Porter, a tad hoppy!

5) Maine Beer Company - King Titus - American Porter - 7.5% - Guy at Decicco's told me as good as HF Everett...no! Still good though!

6) Charter Oak Brewing - 1687 Brown Ale - Not bad contract brewed

7) St. Arnolds - Pumpkinator - Abv ??? - Might have kicked my ass!

No comments: