Sunday, March 9, 2008

Saturday Adventure

I had no tax returns to do this Saturday so it meant that I had little to occupy me....throw in the rain and it made for one bored individual. I went to Ikea as I am trying to organize my sports memorabilia better. That only means I will just make a bigger mess than the one I already have. I drove from Ikea in New Haven across town to Amity Wine & Spirits to see what interesting beer they had so here goes:

Trappistes Rochefort 10 - This was at the suggestion of Adam. In one word, brilliant.

Brooklyn Local 1 - Their version of a Belgian Ale. This was very good. The taste approached the Rochefort 10 but was a much lighter color. There was a note on the bottle with consumption suggestions from the brewmaster. Hey brewmaster....I don't tell you how to brew, don't tell me how to drink.

The Czar Imperial Stout - Make me realize why Guinness (sp?) is crap.

No comments: